- "If you are buying something that you will use often and for a long time, never go cheap. You'll end up replacing it sooner or paying more in maintenance costs than if you had spent more on good quality in the beginning. Plus, you'll enjoy the nicer product throughout its lifetime, rather than cringing every time you use something that is falling apart."
- College is a lot more work than high school and your job will be a lot more work than college was.
- Start looking for a new job BEFORE you quit your old job.
- It's not enough to buy a gun and stick it in a drawer like a lucky talisman. You need to learn to use the gun.
- When you move, sell, throw away, and give away as much as possible or you'll just end up moving boxes from one closet, where they have been sitting for five years, to another closet, where they'll be sitting for the next five years.
- Nobody owes you a living.
- You are not a victim.
- If you just assume that every conspiracy theory is wrong without even examining it, you will be right 99.99% of the time.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
John Hawkins of Right Wing News posts the "50 Things Every 18-Year-Old Should Know," including: