Monday, September 17, 2012

When Bill Clinton points his finger, looks you in the eye and says, "Listen to me," watch out.

This is a guest post by reader Morgan



White House press conference, January 26, 1998. Text. Video (Fast forward to 06:25):
“... I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you.”
Democratic National Convention, September 5th, 2012. Text. Video (Fast forward to 20:00):
“... Listen to me now. No president, no president -- not me, not any of my predecessors -- no one could have fully repaired all the damage that he found in just four years. (APPLAUSE) Now -- but he has -- he has laid the foundations for a new, modern, successful economy of shared prosperity. And if you will renew the president’s contract, you will feel it. You will feel it (APPLAUSE) Folks, whether the American people believe what I just said or not may be the whole election. I just want you to know that I believe it. With all my heart, I believe it. (APPLAUSE)”

9 comments:

A_Nonny_Mouse said...

Some of us old-timers remember that this fellow had a problem with the definition of the word "is".

We skeptics and curmudgeons may not completely trust that his usage of the word "believe" coincides with the definition we'd find in Webster's
Online Dictionary.

OBloodyHell said...

}}}}} no one could have fully repaired all the damage that he found in just four years.

1) If you swallow this, I have a great deal for you in LAND. Quad... no, QUINtuple your money in only 90 days!!

2)
Obama in 2009: If I can’t fix the economy in three years, you can call me former President Obama

Obama in 2012: "Wait. Wait. What? You thought I was SERIOUS about that?"

A_Nonny_Mouse said...

Hey, Morgan (if you happen to come back to read comments):

How is Carl doing? And is he still going back-and-forth to the M.E. for work-related stuff? Does he have a sense of the mood of the people over there? (I have no faith in what the lamestream media slaps up and calls "journalism" any more.)

@nooil4pacifists said...

A_N_M:

I'm OK. Fantasticically busy, and have reason to stay low on politics for a while longer. I'm not traveling as much-but I'm on email, audio or video conferences with clients in Asia or the M.E. every day. And, with respect to the M.E., they're not saying much. My clients are in countries on the Arabian peninsula that are allies of the United States. Politics, if discussed at all, is oblique. And, right now -- except for the situation in Syria -- they rarely talk about it with me.

A_Nonny_Mouse said...

Carl-

Thanks for the response, & good to know you're keeping busy.

It would be interesting --some day-- to know how "the locals" interpret and analyze all "teh crazy" that's happening over there...

Morgan said...

Clinton: 'Who wants a president who will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows isn't true?' [VIDEO]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/#ixzz2BT6H2I23

Morgan said...


Chris Matthews: Bill Clinton Is the Best Person to Help Get You Into Heaven

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2012/12/06/chris-matthews-bill-clinton-best-person-help-get-you-heaven#ixzz2EJ1Gza9x

Stella said...

Good cartoon. thanks.

Unknown said...

I think Bill Clinton Is better than Barack Obama.
financial advisor Maryland