Friday, September 05, 2008

QOTD

Andrew Coyne of Macleans (Canada) calls Palin "The best natural speechmaker since Reagan":
It was that good. No, she’s not qualified, and the substance was thin, but my God -- that was perhaps the greatest bit of political theatre I have ever witnessed. Her critics in the media and in the opposition may regret having piled on quite so enthusiastically, and with so little heed for who they hurt -- or angered. Watching the tumultuous, ecstatic reaction in the hall, I was reminded of the famous words of the Admiral Yamamoto after Pearl Harbour: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve."
(via The Corner)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Palin is entertaining. I guess that's what conservative Republicans want, after 8 boring and fiscally destructive years of another Bush.