Thursday, September 04, 2008

Kinder, Küche, Kirche

UPDATE: below

For all her supposed feminism, Sally Quinn apparently believes a woman's place is in the home:
[I]t's interesting that here I am, supposedly part of you know, the -- what one would call the liberal elite media. That's what we've been all -- the critics of Sarah Palin have been called. And yet, taking the position that a woman with five children, including one with special needs, and a daughter who is a 17-year-old child who is pregnant and about to have a baby, probably has got to rethink her priorities. It seems to me that there is a tipping point, and I think that she's crossed the tipping point. I believe that it's going to be very difficult for her...I think this is -- this is too much.
BTW, the National Organization for Women really should drop the "W" and replace it with an "L"--for "liberals":
A spokeswoman for the National Organization for Women, noting Palin’s opposition to abortion rights and support of other parts of the social conservative agenda, told Politico, "She's more a conservative man than she is a woman on women's issues."
MORE:

MaxedOutMama:
I have a completely savage attack post on Sally Quinn coming up. She has hoisted herself up the mainmast, and since The Anchoress says we need to hold the press to account, I'll start accounting with Sally, who admits that she herself can't count.
And M_O_M links to Photon Courier:
Richard Cohen, writing in the Washington Post, compares the nomination of Sarah Palin with Caligula's selection of his horse as a consul and priest.

If this is how Cohen feels about a woman who has been a businessperson, a mayor, and a governor, imagine how he must feel about the vast majority of Americans.
(via Knox News, The Corner)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some women are jealous of some women.

MaxedOutMama said...

This has exceeded normal jealousy, and veered into the "I'll cut my own breast off to spite your face" psychosis.

@nooil4pacifists said...

M_O_M:

Agreed. In 1992, I taped a bumper-sticker to my car's back window because it summarized the best reason for my vote: "Annoy the media; re-elect Bush." Of course, it didn't work then. But, suddenly, I'm getting excited about this election, and about our potential historic ability to show how illiberal the left is. Their obvious fear-and-loathing of women, fertility, etc., is a big part of that.

So, annoy the feminists, and elect McCain-Palin.

OBloodyHell said...

> But, suddenly, I'm getting excited about this election,

Demonstrating what a brilliant choice Palin was.

Here you were, pretty much not giving a real damn about the election, and now you're interested in the results, if only because of the firestorm of insane backlash by the left.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Quinn also has it backwards. VP's have few constitutional duties, and Palin would work much harder as Governor. I thought media elites were supposed to know all this high-school civics stuff. It must come from regarding only what happens in Washington as "real." Being Governor of Alaska doesn't happen in front of Sally Quinn, being VP does, so it must be harder and more important.

I suspect Sarah Barracuda will chafe at the bit and be assigned a good bit of work, but her job is mostly to understudy being president. I think she's the second coming of Andrew Jackson, and posted on it today.

OBloodyHell said...

> I suspect Sarah Barracuda will chafe at the bit and be assigned a good bit of work, but her job is mostly to understudy being president.

Quite true. I sort of touched on this in another thread, I think. Unlike Barrack, She does not need to learn under fire, she can gain a lot of experience by watching and listening and asking.

And, by all the signs, she appears to be a damn quick study.

OBloodyHell said...

> So, annoy the feminists, and elect McCain-Palin.

P.S. Ive gained a little respect for some of the lefty pundits, including one I'd written off as a complete idiot, Susan Estrich. As M.O.M. points to Anchoress' site, one finds that Estrich has, indeed, acked that the media's treatment of Palin is both sexist and demeaning. I still think she's an idiot on the whole, but she does appear to have some principles, a pretty rare thing on The Left.

I do recommend one check out the Anchoress if one wants a nice summary of all the BS.

One thing someone commented on was that it ought to called "Palin Madness Syndrome", not PDS.
:o)
Especially true if you want to tick off the feminists.

@nooil4pacifists said...

OBH:

Estrich isn't a terrible lawyer, and I've been pleased over the years at the number of times she's stood up for principle at the expense of party.

PDS>PMS--funny, but I think it all a product of BDS.

AVI:

I'm more Jacksonian than fan of Jackson himself, though I read some other bio, not Hacket's (and haven't yet got around to Webb's Scots-Irish book you cite; it's on my list, though I can't stand Webb). I'm a bit too Eastern-minded (if Western born) to identify fully with Jackson. But I'm happy thinking of her as an Alaskan Reagan, so get--I think--to the same place as you.

Anonymous said...

After the TOTAL DISASTER of this BUSH REPUBLICAN administration, I don't see how any intelligent person would care to be identified as a "Republican." Do you think the corruption or the incompetency of the Bush administration was worse? Ronald Reagan sounding conservative saved us from regulation that would have prevented the current destruction of institutions like Bear Stears, Fannie, Freddie, Merrill Lynch, AIG. Are you "conservative Republicans" insane or just stupid? It's hard to tell. I imagine your portfolios are diminishing in value along with the destruction of the asset value of most of middle America.