Friday, June 13, 2008

Best Argument for McCain

According to New York Post "Page 6" columnist Liz Smith on May 29th:
Susan Sarandon . . . is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people."
We've seen this movie before: I occasionally wear a t-shirt with "Hey Baldwin" on the front and, on the back, a world map with a huge red arrow, titled "France is that way".

(via the June 7-13th Economist)

3 comments:

OBloodyHell said...

> We've seen this movie before: I occasionally wear a t-shirt with "Hey Baldwin" on the front and, on the back, a world map with a huge red arrow, titled "France is that way".

a) I want one. Where did you get it?

b) They are both teases. They promise, but never deliver.


You know, though I consider it petty and stupid, I could grasp the anti Bush thing. They thought (regardless of how senseless it was) that Bush stole the 2000 election and so hated him regardless of any sort of sense. I don't agree with it in any way, but at least there was a perverse, GIGO sort of logic to it.

To make this kind of statement about McCain, that's just absolute, utter proof of complete Brain Damage. The man's a friggin' RINO, for crying out loud. The only way he can get my vote is because there's no rational alternative. If the Dems had put up a middle-of-the-road candidate, I'd vote for the Dem just out of protest.

I will be SO happy when her generation of addled lunatics stops existing, and the world will be a much, much better place for it.

@nooil4pacifists said...

OBH:

From Cafepress back in 2001; I was able to find only a much lamer version today. I also have a shirt urging "Bomb Iraq Now!" on the front--with the back saying "Because we can hit Streisand's house tomorrow". You'd be surprised at the applause I get wearing that one.

I agree with your analysis.

OBloodyHell said...

> I was able to find only a much lamer version today.

Hmmm. Have to make up some graphics and create my own iron-on version, I guess...