Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Anarchy in the U.K.1

What passes for multi-culti in today's Britain, quoted in Friday's Daily Mail (U.K.):
A study this year found that 36 per cent of British Muslims between 16 and 24 believe those who convert to another religion should be punished by death.
(via The Corner)
1 See The Sex Pistols (1976).


Pistol Pete said...

36%? I wonder what the other 64% believe. I hope it isn't things like public ridicule, imprisonment, being tarred and feathered. God help us all.

Anonymous said...

I am aware of the problem caused by the words in the Koran and the brainwashing of millions of people from birth, but I wonder what the best solution is. Is it possible to protect this generation of children from Islamic brainwashing? It does seem to cause radical, negative, destructive insanity and gross human misery for Islamic people and all others. Any ideas?

Carl said...

I'm not optimistic. Islam conflates the dictates of the faith with the law of government--there is no separation between religion and state. And the text of the Koran IS uncompromising.

A direct clash was avoidable so long as Islam could live side-by-side with the West. But after multiple bombings, it's less likely. And this Daily Mail article suggests coexistence within the West also may be a mirage.