Sunday, October 31, 2004

What Did You Do in School Today?

[previous post in series here]

Polls weren't open on Sunday, so I took a break from riding circuit. I arrived at Ft. Myers Republican HQ at Noon, stayed until 9pm. Today's legal issues revolved around absentee ballots: who can pick them up from voters (volunteers only; see Florida Election Code, Section 104.047(1)), and when filed absentee ballots may be opened (starting last Friday at 7am; see id., Section 101.68(2)). Mostly, I blogged today, plus some time at the phone bank. In sum, not a hugely interesting day.

I'll be back in the car tomorrow. observing our observers. Tuesday, I'm planning on spot-checking precincts during the day. I've drawn the straw for lawyer on duty at the Lee County Supervisor of Elections office on Tuesday night. I've met her before, but I'm not sure that helps. I'm supposed to report County totals to the RNC and Florida party. A coffee i.v. definitely will be required.

[Series continiues here]

No comments: