Monday, September 13, 2004

Kerry Quote of the Week

Speaking in Canonsburg, West Virginia, on September 6, 2004, according to the New York Times:
"Everybody told me, 'God, if you're coming to Canonsburg, you've got to find time to go to Toy's, and he'll take care of you,'" Mr. Kerry said, dropping the name of a restaurant his motorcade had passed on the way in. "I understand it's my kind of place, because you don't have to - you know, when they give you the menu, I'm always struggling: Ah, what do you want?

"He just gives you what he's got, right?" Mr. Kerry added, continuing steadily off a gangplank of his own making: "And you don't have to worry, it's whatever he's cooked up that day. And I think that's the way it ought to work, for confused people like me who can't make up our minds."
Only a few days ago, the guy with five houses, an $8000 bike, and a windsurfer tried to appeal to blue collar males by saying: "Who among us doesn't like NASCAR?" At least Kerry's honest: he's confused.

No comments: