Thursday, July 12, 2012
After listening to President Obama’s litany of economic excuses, Michael J. Boskin, professor of economics at Stanford University and past chair of the Council of Economic Advisors, suggests that our President read Adam Smith’s masterwork.
Good luck with that. The leader of the free world is way too busy campaigning to govern, much less read a book on classical economics. Boskin would have to resort to subterfuge. Here are some suggestions:
Top 10 things to tell President Obama to get him to read Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations
10. The original title was Adam Smith's "Rules for Radicals"
9. It's mandatory reading for the Miami Heats
8. Next to your two books and possibly the Bible, Adam’s Smith’s masterpiece is the fourth best book ever written
7. "The Wealth of Nations" was secretly written by your good pal Billy Ayers
6. Reggie Love gives it A Big Thumbs Up
5. Your old buddy Rashid Khalidi, former spokesperson for the PLO, has discussed the book at his dinner table and loves it to death
4. Jimmy Carter wrote the forward
3. Rev. Wright once delivered it as a sermon
2. It's on that fake list of books Sarah Palin wanted to ban
1. It’ll improve your golf game
Links to this post:
Back with a vengeance. What a list!
Glad to know you're still "in the trenches".
-- So, how's it going?
Foreword. Just sayin'.
Otherwise, a great post.
Thanks for catching the typo. And thanks for the compliment.