Thursday, February 26, 2009

QOTD

From Bob Krumm:
"Why are they doing all this when they have to know that it isn’t going to work?" was the question my wife asked about the stimulus package. My answer to her: "It’s not about fixing the economy; it’s about proving Reagan wrong." It’s about proving that an enlightened government is superior to a country led by tens of millions of individual sovereign decision makers.

I’ve lived through the Carter years once before. As a nation, we’ll survive this again. Sadly every quarter century or so America has to relearn its lesson.

All I ask is, please, don’t add insult to injury by bringing back disco.
(via Instapundit)

3 comments:

Assistant Village Idiot said...

Yeah, I keep getting sent articles about how this all proves that Reagan was wrong. I had forgotten how deeply that wounded them.

OBloodyHell said...

> All I ask is, please, don’t add insult to injury by bringing back disco.

Naw. Too late for that, it already happened 10 years ago (it's a 20 year cycle). No, if anything is coming back this time, it'll be Gangsta Rap.

You still sure you wouldn't want Disco?

.

Anonymous said...

Last dance/
Last chance/
Fooor Loooooove.....