- Recessions will end on their own if they're left alone. What can make the recession worse is the wrong kind of government intervention.
- I don't believe his is a "stimulus plan" at all -- I don't think it stimulates anything but the Democratic Party.
- This "porkulus" bill is designed to repair the Democratic Party's power losses from the 1990s forward, and to cement the party's majority power for decades.
- We know that when tax rates are cut in a recession, it brings an economy back.
- Fifty-three percent of American voters voted for Barack Obama; 46% voted for John McCain, and 1% voted for wackos. Give that 1% to President Obama. Let's say the vote was 54% to 46%.
- As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009: 54% of the $900 billion -- $486 billion -- will be spent on infrastructure and pork as defined by Mr. Obama and the Democrats; 46% -- $414 billion -- will be directed toward tax cuts, as determined by me.
On this same subject, I have been pondering a couple of questions:
- If we are spending most of the money in 2010, why are we in such a hurry to pass this bill RIGHT NOW?
- Can we have an up and down vote on each line item in the bill on its merits?