Sunday, September 07, 2008

How Sincere?

Appearing on Bill O'Reilly's show, Sally Quinn apologized:
SALLY QUINN: You pointed out the other night that you thought I was being unfair and that I had judged her before I heard her speak and that I knew anything about her and I think you were right. I thought that she was amazing in her speech. She was funny and smart and poised and confident and she gave a great speech, beautifully delivered, and I think she is going to be a formidable opponent. So all of that, I think I was wrong about her. And I didn't know anything about her.

BILL O'REILLY: So not only did Miss Palin do a good job as you just said but your column and other columns like yours rallied the folks to her side and actually helped the McCain-Palin ticket dramatically.

QUINN: Oh, I think you're absolutely right. I think that there's been a huge backlash against the media. . .
(via The Corner)

2 comments:

Geoffrey Britain said...

Yes, Ms Quinn. NOW, what reforms would you suggest as appropriate to prevent and deter this from happening again?

Ah, just what I thought.

She merely offers the PRETENSE of a mea culpa without actually proposing to do anything...

@nooil4pacifists said...

GB:

Agreed. She's sorry about the backlash, not the sentiment.