John Hawkins of Right Wing News lists "The 20 Most Obnoxious Anti-Palin Quotes So Far," including:
- "They shouldn't have the right to call themselves Christian, for they have no Christ-like attributes. I am a feminist and a Christian - and when I see Sarah Palin - I see neither. And it is official. She is evil." -- Margaret Cho
- "Bad Mother Palin is blabbing about how her pregnant teenage daughter has made the right CHOICE!!! Well, first of all, Ms. Palin, I mean MRS. Palin, your slutty daughter wouldn't have a CHOICE to make at all, if you had your way!!! ...I can see that she gets off talking badly to Barack, and I am sure the "N" word is rollin around that empty head of hers somewhere." -- Roseanne Barr
- "Her greatest hypocrisy is in her pretense that she is a woman." -- Wendy Doniger at the Washington Post
- "A man and a woman whose values we loathe and despise -- lying, rageful and incompetent, so dangerous to children and old people, to innocent people in every part of the world -- are being worshiped, exalted by the media, in a position to take a swing at all that is loveliest about this earth and what's left of our precious freedoms.
When I got home from church, I drank a bunch of water to metabolize the Dove bar and called my Jesuit friend, who I know hates these people, too. I asked, 'Don't you think God finds these smug egomaniacs morally repellent? Recoils from their smugness as from hot flame?'
And he said, 'Absolutely. They are everything He or She hates in a Christian.'" -- Anne Lamott in Salon
- "[E]verything Sarah Palin believes in and practices is antithetical to Feminism which for me is part of one story -- connected to saving the earth, ending racism, empowering women, giving young girls options, opening our minds, deepening tolerance, and ending violence and war. . .
Sarah Palin does not much believe in thinking." --
Rosie O'DonnellEve Ensler [NOfP note: O'Donnell was quoting Ensler]
This "progressive" intolerance is breathtakingly ugly. Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Read Hawkins's whole list.
WCBS-TV on Friday:
Already under fire for his tax troubles, Manhattan [Democrat] Congressman Charles Rangel really put his foot in his mouth on Friday.Bob Owens, a/k/a Confederate Yankee, summarizes:
In a CBS 2 HD exclusive interview, Rep. Rangel called Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin "disabled."
The question was simple: Why are the Democrats so afraid of Palin and her popularity?
The answer was astonishing.
"You got to be kind to the disabled," Rangel said.
That's right. The chairman of the powerful House Ways & Means Committee called Palin disabled -- even when CBS 2 HD called him on it.
CBS 2 HD: "You got to be kind to the disabled?"
CBS 2 HD: "She's disabled?"
Rangel: "There's no question about it politically. It's a nightmare to think that a person's foreign policy is based on their ability to look at Russia from where they live."
In less than a month, Sarah Palin has gone from the well-liked governor of a remote state to the most slurred and slandered politician in America today.MORE & MORE:
- "I don't like Sarah Palin. . . What I've written on this site about Palin so far has been pretty restrained, considering what I feel for her privately could be described as violent, nay, murderous, rage. When Palin spoke on Wednesday night, my head almost exploded from the incandescent anger boiling in my skull. . .
What's infuriating, and perhaps rage-inducing, about Palin, is that she has always embodied that perfectly pleasing female archetype, playing by the boys' game with her big guns and moose-murdering, and that she keeps being rewarded for it. Our schadenfreude for the homecoming queen's mediocrity has turned into white hot anger at her continued dominance." -- Jessica Grose, associate editor at Jezebel.com
- [If she enters Manhattan, Palin would be] "gang-raped by my big black brothers." -- Sandra Bernhard
- "What you learn about Barack from his choice [of vice president] is that he's not afraid of smart people." -- Michelle Obama
- Josh Gerstein rounds up reactions from other "women on the verge" in Friday's NY Sun
- Zina Saunders paints Palin as liberty killing--literally.
- So Hog On Ice asks:
What exactly did Sarah Palin do, to deserve the treatment she has received from the left? She accepted an invitation to run for public office. That's her crime.