Recently, I sent Limbaugh an e-mail message, his preferred means of long-distance communication, asking what his own presidential agenda would look like. His answer reflects his actual concerns. A Limbaugh administration would seek to:1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.No. 5 was a joke. I think.
2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.
3. Privatize Social Security.
4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.
5. Revoke Jimmy Carter’s passport while he is out of the country.
6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.
Sunday, July 06, 2008
From Zev Chafets's New York Times Magazine cover-story today about Rush Limbaugh: