Monday, January 07, 2008

Bottom 20

John Hawkins of Right Wing News rates The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2007 Edition, including:
16) Jimmy Carter: It's hard to imagine what must have gone through George Bush's head after he was called the "worst President ever" by a POTUS as hapless as Jimmy Carter.

That's sort of like having Michael Vick accuse of you of not being a dog lover or having Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accuse you of being unfriendly to Jews.
And speaking of being unfriendly to Jews, 14 members of Jimmy Carter's own Carter Center advisory board resigned in protest over his book, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, which was nothing but a sloppy kiss to genocidal, Palestinian terrorists.

Of course, that book was just par-for-the course for a wretched, foolish, petty, little man who spends his days rhetorically attacking his own country while pandering to the worst sort of strong men and dictators around the world. It’s terrifying to think that a naive simpleton like Carter could have ever actually been the President of the United States.
Defining Quote: "And I think the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world." -- Jimmy Carter castigates the British for cooperating with his own country.
. . .
9) The Daily Kos: The funny thing about the Daily Kos is that the farther "out there" they get, the more thoroughly they seem to be mainstreamed into the Democratic Party.

Last year, Democratic contenders for the Presidency -- like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and John Edwards -- went to the Yearly Kos convention to kiss the rings of Kossacks and Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas got a gig writing for Newsweek.

Meanwhile, here's the sort of things that was being posted by the diarists on the Daily Kos,
Defining Quote #1: "So to sum up, I don’t like our troops, I don’t like what they’re doing, I don’t like their fat, whining families, and yet, I support them. Thank God I live in a free country. Thank You." -- AWhitneyBrown

Defining Quote #2: "I wrote a diary a short time ago about how the Bush administration helped ruin my marriage. It wasn't because my husband was a Bush supporter or anything...it was because of all the stresses from job loses, living without health insurance and getting sick, to my husband being forced to take a job where he wasn't home much that helped ruin my marriage." -- angrybird

Defining Quote #3: "I know I’m a Jewish lesbian and (Ahmadinejad would) probably have me killed. But still, the guy speaks some blunt truths about the Bush Administration that make me swoon...

Okay, I admit it. Part of it is that he just looks cuddly. Possibly cuddly enough to turn me straight. I think he kind of looks like Kermit the Frog. Sort of. With smaller eyes. But that’s not all..." -- sallykohn
Read the remaining 18.

No comments: