Tuesday, November 06, 2007

QOTD

Jeff Nuding:
If Presidential Candidate Clinton sometimes displays a commendable maturity towards the war in Iraq and National Security, compared to her fellow party-members, perhaps it derives from her more certain confidence of what the former Clinton White House thought abut the risk of Saddam seeking to advance his WMD programs and capabilities.

All of which makes the rhetorical dishonesty of Democratic war opponents (especially those nouveau) all the more reprehensible.

Expect much more nuanced, even handed treatments of the past, now that Democrats seek to take over the Executive, rediscover the need to preserve and protect National Security and the National Interest, and seek to nurture a more grown-up view of the best intentions of their one-time (political) enemies.

Too bad they haven’t wanted to play grown-ups these part 4 years. The country could have benefited from their adult participation. And there’d be less disinformation, myth, and outright fabulism to clean-up from their adolescent politic-playing.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. (The Bible, New International Version, 1 Corinthians 13:11.)
(via Instapundit)

No comments: