Sunday, May 27, 2007

Liar

Valerie Plame, March 16, 2007, testifying before the House Committee on Government Oversight and Reform:
REPRESENTATIVE STEVEN LYNCH (D-MA): Now, I want to ask you, the suggestion that you were involved in sending your husband seemed to drive the leaks in an effort to discount his credibility. I want to ask you now under oath: Did you make the decision to send Ambassador Wilson to Niger?


MS. PLAME WILSON: No. I did not recommend him, I did not suggest him, there was no nepotism involved -- I didn't have the authority.

Valerie Plame, February 12, 2002, CIA Memorandum, reprinted at page 205 of the Senate Intelligence Committee's Report on Pre-war Intelligence, released this week:
[I]t is clear that the IC [intelligence community] is still wondering what is going on. . . my husband has good relations with both the PM and the former minister of mines, not to mention lots of French contacts, both of whom could possibly shed light on this sort of activity. To be frank with you, I was somewhat embarrassed by the agency’s sloppy work last go-round, and I am hesitant to suggest anything again. However, [my husband] may be in a position to assist. Therefore, request your thoughts on what, if anything, to pursue here. Thank you for your time on this.

Conclusion: Byron York on May 25th in National Review Online:
Taken in sum, the evidence . . . seems to definitively lay to rest the question of who suggested Joseph Wilson for the trip to Niger. But it doesn’t lay to rest questions about Valerie Plame Wilson’s varying accounts of the matter.
Actually, it does--Valerie Plame is a liar who committed Perjury.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

US President Tim Kalemkarian, US Senate Tim Kalmkarian, US House Tim Kalemkarian: best major candidate.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how the moonbats will try to slither their way out of this....

@nooil4pacifists said...

Oh, probably that she was saying only that she didn't have the authority to make the decision to hire him (which she didn't, but she said more than that). Either that or that it's all "Tim Kalemkarian's" fault, whoever that is.