Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ephemerally Elected

I've surfed lightly lately, and didn't carefully read this, posted Tuesday. I love her dearly, but I'm concerned MaxedOutMama's flipped her wig:
I can't blame the president, because he is doing what the Constitution says he should. If I were stuck in his position, I would probably nominate someone like Carl, who I knew and trusted, but a person who came from a non-judicial background and was a stealth candidate - because there must be judges, and the Supreme Court bids fair to wreck our country if it continues in the same course it has been on.
Were I judicial philosopher-king, I'd reverse Grutter, Roper, Lawrence, Romer, McConnell, Rotary Club, Raich and Metro Broadcasting. Metro, Justice Brennan's last majority opinion, remains a poke in eye of the First Amendment (and some of my clients)--better vacate it too.

That's my first five minutes. In the next five, I'd be impeached and convicted. No soup for me. MaxedOutMama, the President and the Senate, would be better served by Janice Rogers Brown.

5 comments:

NotClauswitz said...

I just want someone who appreciates and supports the 2nd Amendment.

MaxedOutMama said...

My judgement is confirmed. You are a wrong thinker! It's just that I like wrong thinkers.

I don't think you would be impeached, either.

The only reason we have allowed the remarkable buildings of lofty "living constitution" theories is that the public hasn't been paying attention.

MaxedOutMama said...

Carl - we would have to get rid of the blog first. But my point stands!

@nooil4pacifists said...

Dirt:

Were liberals to read the First Amendment as they do the Second, Freedom of Speech wouldn't apply to television or the Internet--neither of which, after all, existed in 1789.

M_O_M:

The great thing about being a Judge or Justice: the Government Printing Office becomes your blog.

MaxedOutMama said...

Carl, they are working hard to read the First Amendment as they do the Second!

I don't mind blogging SC Justices, but I do mind it when the GPO publishes Supreme Court decisions dismantling the Constitution.