Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Kerry Tales, Part XLVIII

  • Flip. John Kerry, March 16, 2004:
    I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it.
    (video, called "Searching," here).


  • Flop. John Kerry, today, asked to explain himself by Diane Sawyer on ABC's Good Morning America:
    It just was a very inarticulate way of saying something, and I had one of those inarticulate moments late in the evening when I was dead tired in the primaries and I didn't say something very clearly. But it reflects the truth of the position, which is I thought to have the wealthiest people in America share the burden of paying for that war. It was a protest. Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted, and that's what I did.
    Got that? Neither did I. Anyway, Kerry's lying: His remarks in March, according to the Washington Post, were at a "noontime appearance at Marshall University." (via Jonah Goldberg)


  • Flip. John Kerry, March 16, 2004:
    In an interview with a local radio station, Kerry said he disagrees with the decision of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, Spain's newly elected prime minister, to withdraw Spanish troops from Iraq after terrorist attacks that killed more than 200 people. "In my judgment, the new prime minister should not have decided that he was going to pull out of Iraq," Kerry said. "He should have said this increases our determination to get the job done."
  • Flop. John Kerry, also on ABC this morning:
    My goal is to get our troops out of Iraq.
    This one's simple--Kerry's a quitter.


  • Questions:

    1. Can John Kerry tell the truth about anything?


    2. Does John Kerry have consistent views about anything?

No comments: