Monday, September 27, 2004

Kerry Tales, Part XLVI

Liar, again. In their September issue, Outdoor Life magazine interviewed Bush and Kerry about weapons and hunting:
OL: Are you a gun owner? If so, what is your favorite gun?

Bush: Yes. My favorite gun is a Weatherby, Athena 20-gauge (over/under).

Kerry: My favorite gun is the M-16 that saved my life and that of my crew in Vietnam. I don't own one of those now, but one of my reminders of my service is a Communist Chinese assault rifle.
Never mind Kerry's long history of mentioning Vietnam, however irrelevant. The real issue is what the heck is Kerry doing with an assault rifle--potentially an automatic weapon--that he opposes?

Answer: nothing. He doesn't own any such thing. But it's not his fault, says the New York Times:
Senator John Kerry's campaign said yesterday that Mr. Kerry did not own a Chinese assault rifle, as he was quoted as saying in Outdoor Life magazine, but a single-bolt-action military rifle, blaming aides who filled out the magazine's questionnaire on his behalf for the error.
Three questions:
  1. Is there anything Kerry won't say to be President?


  2. Which Federal District Court seat is allotted for the mistaken aide in a Kerry Administration?


  3. Would the New York Times have checked the facts and printed the retraction without blogs?

No comments: