Sunday, October 31, 2010

Program Notes

Don't worry all -- especially MaxedOutMama -- I'm ok. I'm just on a long-term assignment in the Middle East. I'm likely there, with a few trips back to DC, until at least mid December.

I'm temporarily acting as a bureaucrat for a government, managing a staff of 70 plus people, and trying to set policy for the country. In this position, opinion-writing, even in my spare time, would be unwise. And blogging from my hotel, where that same government is paying for my Internet connection, would be foolish (even were I not exhausted after 10 hours at the office). Given that, I've got to take a break from public positions for a bit.

That doesn't mean this blog is dead--just slower.

But I'm fine. Below is a picture of me that will allow the motivated to figure out where I am:

More pictures to come.


MaxedOutMama said...

Thank you for the explanation.

I am having some difficulty find the "architectural search" function on this blog, but it is nice to know that you are okay.

Ebay arefulcay ithway ethay ombbay-uildingbay.

Warren said...

You're at the Muslim Disneyland. That's the Matterhorn in a burka behind you.

Lelia said...

Ooooh, more pictures! Please.

Assistant Village Idiot said...

I don't thank you often enough, Carl. In the extended argument with my liberal uncle from NoCal, I often draw on your posts as the citations when he challenges my facts. He is coming to dislike you, and impugns your integrity. Which you may take as a great compliment.

I also draw on NOfP, with links, in online discussions.

Carl said...

M_O_M: Your warning is sensible and timely. Fortunately, I'm fairly safe where I am. Hint--that's a museum.

Lelia: More to come soon.

AVI: Thank you for that generous comment. I can think of no higher praise than to be employed by you as a resource and then impugned by liberals from NoCal. ;>)

Whitehall said...

A Zaggerat?

Must be Iraq.

MaxedOutMama said...

You can come back now, Carl. It appears that there is hope. And possibly even change.

Except for CA, which has chosen to commit suicide.

Carl said...

M_O_M: And Nevada. But though I'm thrilled, I'll mostly be gone for at least another 45 days.

A_Nonny_Mouse said...

Here's my guess (and my reasoning):

Lots of new construction
Middle East