Thursday, January 21, 2010

QOTD

From Deborah Solomon's interview with ex Bush lawyer/Berkeley law prof John Yoo, in the January 3rd New York Times magazine:
Were you close to George Bush?
No, I’ve never met him. I don’t know Cheney either. I have not gone hunting with him, which is probably a good thing for me.

Weren’t you invited to the White House Christmas party during your two years at the Department of Justice?
I don’t think so. That’s the way the government works. There’s the attorney general, then the deputy attorney general and then an associate attorney general. Then there’s the assistant attorney general, who was the head of my office.

So you’re saying you were just one notch above an intern, you and Monica Lewinsky?
She was much closer to the president than I ever was.
See also Moe Lane.

(via reader Marc)

1 comment:

OBloodyHell said...

> So you’re saying you were just one notch above an intern, you and Monica Lewinsky?
She was much closer to the president than I ever was.


Yes, I hear she had intimate contact with the PotUS on a daily basis.

A daily tete-a-tete, you might say.

I hear he'd even proposed a new job title for her -- "Head Intern"

Man the quips just write themselves, don't they?